
Let's see... 3 more days to my Laos OCP and I'm getting excited just by thinking about it although I haven't start packing my haversack.
And I feel so loved suddenly. Everyone's pouring their concern ever since I declared that I'm leaving for Laos for 2 weeks.
Especially when their concern was measured in monetary terms! After earning $70 from a survey she did, my sister gave me $50 for my trip. My grandma sneakily walked into my room with a little angbao and my auntie left $20 on the dining table. How sweet!
To reciprocate the kindness I've received, I'm gonna return with many goodies for everyone!
I haven't thought of how I would combat homesickness if I were to have one during the 15days trip.
Looking around my room, it's a reminiscent of how my life is shaped. I have a little reminder of everything and everyone significant, everywhere around.
There're trails of beads hanging from my room ceiling and these beads are painstakingly put together by my bunch of good friends from tp for a project at 1st Avenue.
My window has been transformed into a little decoration board.
A Christmas decoration hanging on the window grill, something kop from BSC's Christmas tree, that was placed along the concourse last Christmas. I still can remember Junquan's face when I revealed it in my pocket.
Lanyards of different events and camps I've attended hanging absentmindedly and a lanyard stretched across the window grills of the room that bears little snippets of the things that brings back memories; the little disney pluto keychain Xiaojun got for me from those $1 machines outside 7-11 (i was feeling really moody then), the Tokyo keychain Yoko got for me in Sec2 when she returned from JP, neoprints of my friends and cousins, the little red paper shirt sports club gave Weijie as an invitation to the agm, the keychain that bears my name on a glow-in-the-dark plastic - something my mum got me from the old Marina Square when I was in Primary school, a little tag from Jonker Street, Malacca - that one brings back fun and laughter - TPsquash's field trip to Malacca and everything else I couldn't possibly squeeze here.
And of cos', a rosary of plastic beads also takes its place on the window grill. A fixated decoration in my room, always ensuring me hope and calmness after every prayer.
I often wonder how my future would be like.
Backpacking would be fun.
My boyfriend better be as adventurous.