Allowing The Lord to take my life completely in his hands gives me complete assurance and satisfaction. Everything else pales in comparison when I opened my heart, mind and soul to God.
I finally understood what the hymn below meant.
It's a wonderful feeling.
A feeling I should have gotten during confirmation.
I think I must have taken things for granted back then.
Going for catechism just for the sake of going although sometimes I really want to understand the Lord better.
What Fr Joe Stephen had mentioned during the Malacca retreat was right.
During the different points of our lives, our image of the heavenly Father changes from time to time. My image of him was the fierce and ever-powerful God that was far from my life. He seemed to be so far away, someone I couldn't reach and turn to.
Slowly, I became a Sunday Catholic and only turning to him in times of troubles. After my sister drifted way from the church and stopped her night prayers, I too foolishly thought I could get away with it. God wouldn't be the first person I'd turn to in times of trouble. Instead when I realised that I was left with no where to go, then my faith stepped in. I didn't want this to happen. But I just couldn't bring myself to change it.
However I still live the life of a Catholic, abiding the rules of the church and constantly praying (on Sundays) to be a good ambassador of the Catholic church.
I remembered the sudden relief that engulfed me last year after saying the rosary. I had a bad day at home and I turned to Mother Mary. Immediately after my prayer, I felt as if a calm wave came over me and washed away the awfulness.
But I just found it hard to feel his holy presence in my everyday life.
Everything started from the Malacca retreat and events just started rolling including my granduncle's funeral. Miracles started happening especially for the case of my great grandmother. To strengthen my faith, the Lord presented me with
this book I chanced upon in MP library. I cleared my library debts immediately and borrowed the book.
Since then, saying the prayer became part of my everyday life with the little miracles God showered me with much love and kindness.
I now see God as the Father who leads the way for me in life and guiding me through, holding my hand with endless love and protecting me from evil.
Sometimes, it really is easier to leave our lives in his hands and just follow him wherever he leads us to.
I Offer My LifeAll that I am, all that I have, I lay them down before You, oh Lord
All my regrets, all my acclaim
The joy and the pain, I'm making them Yours.
Lord, I offer my life to You,
Everything I've been through, use it for Your glory.
Lord, I offer my days to You,
Lifting my praise to You, as a pleasing sacrifice
Lord, I offer You my life.
Things in the past, things yet unseen,
Wishes and dreams that are yet to come true.
All of my hopes, all of my plans,
My heart and my hands are lifted to You.
--