High time I blog an entry for my Malacca church choir retreat.
But since judging from the time I'm typing this at, I doubt I have enough time to finish what I intended to.
Well, in a nutshell, what I can say for the retreat is that it's totally worthwhile. This retreat made a big difference to everything as compared to before.
With the grace of God, I'm spiritually enhanced (I'm gonna start on the bible reading), looking forward to church and choir practice this Sunday, bought those yummy pineapple tarts and tau sa piang (evil things that tempt me to gorge them down with greed when I returned home from school), getting to know the choir better and of cos' making a new friend in the process (Daniel!).
Sorry Nessa and Sam for missing your birthday BBQ and fashion show respectively.I really hope that it all went well and that you guys had fun!
Anyway, the time when I finally think that the retreat is worth going for actually started on the second day after the sharing session. You can sense the dispersion of the tension in the air as the clock ticks by. I really hope it stays this way.
I started learning the names of those familiar faces and not-so-familiar faces in the choir, ranging from a toddler of a few months to 60 plus aunties uncles.
An accomplishment I must say.
There's the room sharing with Charmaine and I really enjoyed singing while she played the guitar and I'm bent on learning how to play the guitar.
I'm gonna get someone to teach me or if I'm capable enough, DIY. But where am I gonna bring a guitar out from nowhere...
Came back from Malacca with Uncle Richard and Auntie Jac in the front driving while Andrew, Daniel and I were at the back. It wasn't very spacious neither was it cramped. I think it was just fine but those 2, being very nice guys, wanted to make sure I had enough space by clinging onto the hand rail thing at the top.. hahaa
thoughts appreciated!
The decision to Chinatown was a last minute thing. We couldn't find our way and almost gave up as the roads of Malacca were all 1-way so in order to get to another place (which looked immensely easy on the map) we had to go round and round and round.
By the grace of God, we FOUND it!


thereabout! A lovely fullstop to the end of retreat *winks