This entry is an entry of retrospection.
It all started with Uncle Aloysius passing away.
Then, I realised that it's near to a year since i joined St. David's choir.
Last year i was still in KC.
Then while reminiscing my IJ KC life, I thought of choir and the opportunities i had in choir.
Recalling the days of my sec 2 choir days when we spend hours and days at the recording studio recording for the IJ cd, Share the Love.
So I played the cd. My heart winced, espcially when I listened to my favourite tracks including the song dedicated to the little P1 KCP girl who drowned, i was P6. Every single track has so much meaning in them.
Turning back to KC, I seem to see the flashbacks of the every single major or minor things that happened, flashing before me.
Us celebrating after every successful EMDD, how my seniors made me felt so loved, how much the teachers did for us, Mrs Kee and her signature smile and the amount of effort she put in to promote arts espcially in our KC culture, the little notes and gifts we get from our schoolmates on KC friendship day, the craze to get all the teachers in sch (KCP) to sign on our caps.....
I can't bear to discard my IJ uniform. I'm immensely in love with it.
10 years in CHIJ Katong Convent.
10 years in CHIJ Katong Convent have made me who i am.
It is by the Grace of God, not something fortuitous, that i entered and graduated from Katong Convent.
Tears welled from my eyes as memories started flowing back.
For me, it's an inexplicable experience. I'd give up everything to try again.
--------------------
One FamilyDoes it matter what we call ourselves
As long as he's the one who first called us?
Why spend all our time fighting among ourselves
Weh he called us to spread his love?
Remember his message to us:
We are one family, in the Lord
That's how it's meant to be, in the Lord
Working hand in hand
To make him known throughout the world
So let's just stop and face each other
It's like looking in the mirror
Recognise our similiarities
Yes, it's time to come together
We can make things even better
Try to be what he meants us to be
One family
Does it really matter how we pray or sing
As long as it's his name on our lips?
Just enjoy the way he made us different but the same
'Cos he made us to be like him
Don't forget what he made us to be